In this article, we will be discussing how to clean jade yoga mat. Cleaning your yoga mat regularly is a must to make sure the the same remains in good condition and to prevent it from smelling bad. A clean yoga mat will always smell fresh.
The process is easy, but you need to be careful not to use certain chemicals or cleaners on your mat as they can damage the rubber and cause it to become slippery. A natural rubber mat, like the jade yoga mat, can be cleaned simply by wiping it down with a cloth or sponge while wearing gloves.
Cleaning a natural rubber yoga mat is a bit different from a standard yoga mat. It requires more care and attention. The way to really clean a natural rubber yoga mat is to take care of it on a daily basis and know some tricks before, during, and after every sweaty session.
How to clean Jade Yoga Mat?
Cleaning a natural rubber yoga mat is different than cleaning any other rubber mat. Rubber mats are usually fine to clean with just an all-purpose cleaner and a scrub brush. On the other hand, much care is necessary in tidying, deodorizing, and disinfecting the natural rubber yoga mat.
The biggest issue you might have is that rubber mats pick up a lot of smells from the sweat and dirt on your hands. If you are able to wipe off the sweat before it dries then this will help avoid this.
Cleaning these natural rubber yoga mats requires some work. It should be done without any harsh chemicals. You should be patient and follow all instructions carefully.
You may be needing the following materials and cleaning paraphernalia:
- Soft cloths – such as an old t-shirt
- Rubber gloves
- Water-based cleaner – preferably plant based mat wash Producers of Jade Yoga Mat provide plant-based mat wash
- Paper towels
- A bucket of water and a sponge to rinse off the mat
To start, position your mat in such a way that you will be comfortable spraying it with the plant-based yoga mat wash.
When you are ready, spray the mat wash onto the yoga mat evenly. To disinfect your yoga mat, let it sit for at least 5 minutes before carefully rinsing it off with clean water. In the alternative, you may just want to wipe the mat with a clean cloth or towel to dry it off.
After rinsing, you can hang your mat up to dry. If you notice that water is still beading up on your mat after rinsing, this means that there are still soapy residues left on the mat.
You may again wipe it off with a clean cloth or towel to remove any remaining residue. This will also remove the remaining dirt sitting on it from previous uses.
You should not take your natural rubber yoga mat to dry outside under the heat of the sun. The heat can cause damage rather than benefit the mat. You may dry it off indoor. To speed up, you may want to place an electric fan directly to the mat.
You may want to watch this.
Reminder and Caution
As a reminder, you may want to follow this caveat:
- Do not use any kind of soap or cleaning agent on the mat. If there are stains on your Jade mat, try using a dry brush made of natural bristles instead.
- Do not soak your mat in water. This can ruin it, causing it to warp or crack over time. Use a towel in order to wipe off any moisture from the surface of your mat.
- Avoid exposing your Jade yoga mat in areas where there is an excessive amount of heat. The heat can warp or shrink the mat, which will make it unusable.
- Do not store your Jade yoga mat in places with high humidity like the bathroom.
- Do not roll up your Jade yoga mat and store it just like that.
How long does a Jade Yoga Mat last?
Jade yoga mats are a good investment to have. They are known to last for years. Well, this is true only if you take proper care of them. Here’s what you need to know about the durability and longevity of your Jade mat.
Jade yoga mats are made of natural rubber. These are extracted from plats. The material is durable, and it can be used in various aerobic and fitness activities.
Jade yoga mats are made of natural rubber and other biodegradable materials, so they can wear out after several years of use.-Yogkitgymfitness
Jade mats are easy to clean, but they should be washed by hand with water and a plant-based cleaner. The mats also should be cleaned regularly by wiping off sweat and dust with a damp cloth.
Hence, on the query that pertains to how long does a jade yoga mat last, there is no hard and fast rule to resolve this because it will depend on several factors, such as proper care and use.
In this regard, it is advised, among others, that Jade yoga mats should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
How to take care of your Jade Yoga Mat?
Aside from religiously cleaning it, treating your jade yoga mat with care will ensure that you get the most out of it.
Here are some tips for caring for your jade yoga mat:
- Keep it clean – Wash your jade yoga mat regularly to remove germs and dirt from your hands before each practice. Use a mild soap and warm water, then rinse thoroughly and air dry or lightly towel dry.
- Protect it – Use a yoga mat bag when transporting or storing your jade yoga mat to protect it from sun damage and other elements. Be sure to choose a bag that’s large enough to accommodate your entire mat, even if you fold it in half or roll it up to fit in the bag.
- Store it properly – Store your jade yoga mat flat in a clean, dry place when not in use to prevent warping or sticking together.
- Air out your mat – Allow fresh air to circulate freely around your jade yoga mat by occasionally propping it up on end so that air can reach all sides of the mat, especially where it touches the floor during practice.
Jade Yoga Plant-Based Mat Wash
Jade’s natural mist mat cleaner contains ingredients like white thyme, oregano, and eucalyptus essential oils, which clean your mat and offer anti-oxidants properties that help extend the life of your mat.
This super concentrated eco-friendly plant based formula is entirely biodegradable and does not contain any harsh chemicals, detergents or dyes. The base of this product is a citrus based surfactant [surface active agent], which has been proven to be one of the best choices for cleaning and protecting natural rubber.
The Jade Plant-based yoga mat wash is a specially formulated cleanser made especially for natural rubber yoga mats. The essential oils of white thyme, oregano, and eucalyptus have natural anti-bacterial properties.-Yogkitgymfitness
Plant-based Yoga Mat Wash is also free from artificial colors, artificial fragrances, animal derivatives, mineral oil, silicone and animal bi-products.
This plant-based mat wash has been developed to clean your yoga mat thoroughly and effectively whilst protecting the natural rubber with natural anti-oxidants that help to extend the life of your mat.
Yoga mats have a variety of practice benefits, when utilizing the same for yoga sessions. Moreover, you are sure to be surprised when you always use a clean and fresh yoga mat and the difference that it can make, in relation to your yoga workout.
Therefore, you should always need to keep these mats clean, coinciding with your regular use of the same. They take a lot of abuse over the years and can harbor bacteria if they are not cleaned regularly.
In line with this, your Jade Yoga Mat must be maintained with the proper care. You must clean it regularly (especially after each use) to keep your it free from germs and other potential contaminants that can build up and cause its surface to deteriorate over time. Regular cleaning will also help it last longer.
|↑1||Producers of Jade Yoga Mat provide plant-based mat wash|